That is one of the greatest struggles many of us deal with on a daily basis, myself included.
Because letting go of control goes directly against our modernized, industrialized way of living - we are go-getters, doers, architects of our destiny. We build things and make things happen on our own terms; we don't wait for anything to happen on someone else's terms! At least that's what I learned growing up from teachers, sports coaches, movies, songs, magazine articles, and so forth. So allowing things to happen was not in my DNA. I had never been one to sit back and passively let go of control.
Over the years, however, my perspective has shifted. I've grown mentally stronger, even as I've learned the hard way that a great deal of the control we believe we have over our lives is an illusion. For example, I've since met.
- >> the young man who had his life turned upside down by cancer
- >> the young woman, and mother of two, who lost her husband to death at 27
- >> the family who lost their house in a tornado
- >> the local business owner who was thriving until the economy collapsed
- >> the hard-working employee who lost her job when her employer of 25 years filed for bankruptcy
- >> the runner who lost his leg in a hit an run car accident
- >> the mom whose son has Down syndrome despite her doing everything right during pregnancy
- >> and many, many more people just like them.
It happens every day - situations we think we have control over, but we really don't.
So what can we do?
The only choice we have: Let go, and be mindful.
And although it sometimes takes a great deal of mental strength to do so, we CAN strengthen our minds gradually with practice.
In the game of life, we all receive a unique set of unexpected limitations and variables in the field of play. The question is: How will you respond to the hand you've been dealt? You can either focus on the lack thereof or empower yourself to play the game sensibly and resourcefully, making the very best of every outcome as it arises, even when it's heartbreaking and hard to accept.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, the mind is our biggest battleground. It's the place where the strongest conflict resides. It's where half of the things we thought were going to happen, never did happen. It's where our expectations always get the best of us. It's where we fall victim to our cravings to control the uncontrollable. And if we allow these thoughts and cravings to dwell in our minds, they will succeed in robbing us of peace, joy, and ultimately our lives. We will think ourselves into deep heartache and even depression.
Truthfully, there's so much about life that we can't control, it makes no sense to waste all our energy on these things and then blatantly neglect everything we CAN control.
We can choose how we spend our time right now. We can choose gratitude and grace. We can choose whom we socialize with - whom we share this day of our lives with. We can choose to love and appreciate the people in our lives for exactly who they are. We can choose to love and appreciate ourselves too. We can choose how we're going to respond to life's surprises and disappointments when they arise, and whether we will see them as curses or opportunities for personal growth.
And, perhaps most importantly, we can choose to think better about our past and present circumstances, and let go of what we can't control, so we can consciously make the best of the next chapter in our lives.
But, again, as I'm sure you're aware, that's sometimes much easier said than done.
Thinking better takes guidance and practice.
And that's why we made THINKING BETTER the foundation of our only in-person event of 2017 (you should get an HD recording of the event).
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
"Think Better, Live Better is a full on self-development boot camp."
- Catherine K., 2017 attendee
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
We lined up 16 world-class experts that we HAND PICKED from hundreds of top authorities on happiness, simple living and productivity.
Many of these experts charge hundreds of dollars for just one hour of their time. But at Think Better, Live Better 2017 (that just took place a few weeks ago live in South Florida) you can get their best strategies and tools for living at a fraction of the price when you get an HD digital recording of the entire event.
What will you discover at this life changing event?
We're glad you asked. How about:
- >> Uncovering hidden beliefs that hold you back & the three powerful questions that will set you free
- >> How to overcome procrastination & roadblocks so you can do what matters consistently in your life
- >> A PROVEN SYSTEM for managing willpower so you can conquer mental fatigue and build momentum on auto-pilot
- >> 3 stunningly simple (but brilliant) tactics to guarantee you start finishing the projects that matter most to you (This will 10x your productivity without using any extra effort).
- >> Crystal clear tactics to help you set and STICK TO healthy personal boundaries (without being disrespectful or a pushover)
- >> Smart ways to deal with toxic relationships -- especially if it's your family, co-workers or significant others...
- >> And... so much more.
But you have to act quick.
We only offer the professionally recorded, digital HD version of "Think Better, Live Better 2017" 50% off until tonight at 11:59 PST.
If you wanted to attend the live event but cost, distance or timing was an issue, THIS IS FOR YOU. The HD video footage has been professionally edited and will be emailed to you within 48 hours (you will then be able to watch the whole event with friends and family, as many times as you like, in the comfort of your own home). This same exact digital HD version of "Think Better, Live Better 2017" will be packaged and sold for $200 starting tomorrow (but right now it's only $99).
see a few more testimonials in this video:
Get your HD recording of our only in-person event in 2017.
This offer is good today only (expires July 9 at 11:59 pm PST) and only available at this special, subscriber-only link.
PS. Here are few results from recent live event attendees:
"I left Think Better, Live Better with a whole new game plan! The event was eye-opening." - Paul U.
"This event helped me look at things in bite sized simplicity instead of an overwhelmingly gigantic heap." Thank you! - Aretha B.
Marc and Angel Hack Life
Practical Tips for Productive Living
SEPTEMBER/OCTOBER - 2018
How to Defend Against Emotional Vampires By Dr. Orloff
Julie Frederico on Domestic Violence
The Psychology of Willpower By Catarina Lino
The Thief That Steals Your Breath: Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis By Laura Hern
Journey Steel by Barb Smith
Click to Read: more >>
Sign UP to receive articles. If you like what you see, subscribe!
2010 Jan/Feb issue
Tammy Erickson, Olympic Medalist
Hear publisher Joslyn Wolfe on
(click on 'Healthy living with Joslyn' in the Blog Talk Radio section)