Let me share a short story and some important life lessons with you...
Last night, Marc and I received a new thank you email from a longtime reader and course student named Kevin (we’re writing about him today with his consent). He said our book and life coaching sessions helped him and his wife Laura maintain a positive, intentional mindset as they struggled and grew through one of the most difficult periods of their lives. Certain sections of his email nearly moved me to tears:
"As you know, after injuring my back, losing my job because of it, being evicted from our apartment, moving in with Laura’s parents, nursing my five-year-old through a nearly fatal bout of strep throat, I was stuck in a tragic rut for far too long. And I was sitting on the front porch feeling sorry for myself, yet again, when my old college buddy called me crying and said, 'Mel-Mel-Mellisa, my baby girl, just died in a car wreck.' And suddenly I felt like the lucky one."
Kevin then went on to say, "It was the shock of my friend’s tragic loss that motivated me to review four pages of notes I had previously taken from both your book and our most recent coaching session. And this time your wisdom sunk in! Suddenly a light bulb illuminated in my mind – and it literally changed my entire outlook from negative to positive. I suddenly realized there were people who needed me to get back up, and infinite reasons and ways to do my very best with what I had. So I started giving up all the negative things I was thinking and doing that had been holding me back; and then I took a bold step forward, and another, and another. And it’s been almost a year now, and I’m happy to say you were right!"
If you can relate to Kevin’s situation in any way, and you’re ready to move forward, I want to remind you that TODAY is the first day of the rest of your life. The road ahead is wide open. You CAN be happy again!
But first, you have to give up…
1. Who you once were in the past. – When times get tough, our worst battle is often between what we remember and what we presently feel. Thus, one of the hardest decisions you will ever have to make is when to stay put and struggle harder or when to just take your memories/lessons and move on. Sometimes you have to step outside of the person you’ve been, and remember the person you were meant to be, the person you are capable of being, and the person you truly are today.
2. Over-thinking and worrying about everything. – When your fears have you looking too deep into things, it creates problems, it doesn’t fix them. If you think and you think and you think, you will think yourself right out of happiness a thousand times over, and never once into it. Worrying doesn’t take away tomorrow’s troubles, it takes away today’s peace and potential. Stop over-thinking everything. Life is too short. (from the "Happiness" chapter of our book)
3. Overlooking everything that’s wonderful. – When you stay stuck in regret of the life you think you should have had, you end up missing the beauty of what you do have. Not all the puzzle pieces of life will seem to fit together at first, but in time you’ll realize they do, perfectly. So thank the things that didn’t work out, because they just made room for the things that will. And thank the ones who walked away from you, because they just made room for the ones who won’t. As they say, every new beginning comes from another other beginning’s end.
4. Letting the judgments of others control your life. – People know your name, not your story. They’ve heard what you’ve done, but don’t understand what you’ve been through. So take their opinions of you with a grain of salt. In the end, it’s not what others think, it’s what you think about yourself that counts. Sometimes you have to do exactly what’s right for you and your life, without giving a darn what your life looks like to everyone around you who doesn’t even know you. (from the "Self-Love" chapter of our book)
And of course, if you're struggling with any of these points, know that you are not alone. Many of us are right there with you, working hard to feel better, think more clearly, and live a life free of headaches and heartache. This is precisely why Marc and I wrote our book, "1,000 Little Things Happy Successful People Do Differently." The book is filled with short, concise tips on how to do just that. And believe it or not, I’m currently in the process of re-visiting and re-reading some of our own material this month, just to center my mind on these positive principles and keep myself on the right track. If you’re interested in following along with me and making positive changes in your life this month, or if you simply want to read (or listen) our book at your leisure, I’m going to extend an unbeatable bonus offer to you for the next 24 hours (offer ends tomorrow at midnight PST)...
For over 70% off we’re bundling 7 products, including our Paperback book, all for just $37:
1. 1,000 Little Things Happy, Successful People Do Differently Paperback (418 page paperback book – regularly priced at $27 by itself)
2. 1,000 Little Things Audio Book (11 hour audio book – regularly priced at $27 by itself)
3. 1,000 Little Things eBook (395 page eBook – regularly priced at $27 by itself)
4. 99 Tiny Stories to Make You Think, Smile, and Cry (104 page eBook – regularly priced at $10 by itself)
5. 60 Tiny Love Stories to Make You Smile (67 page eBook – regularly priced at $10 by itself)
6. 365 Thought Provoking Questions to Ask Yourself This Year (370 page eBook/workbook – regularly priced at $15 by itself)
7. 30 Challenges for 30 Days of Growth (37 page eBook/workbook – regularly priced at $10 by itself)
Check out this 1-day special HERE.
(Note that this special bonus package is only being offered to email subscribers (YOU) and not being offered publicly on the book’s main website.)
Also, if you know anyone else who could benefit from this e-mail please forward it to them.
And of course, if there’s anything else Marc and I can do assist you, please don’t hesitate to email us or leave a comment on our blog.
Sincerely hoping your 2018 has been inspired thus far,
Marc and Angel Hack Life
Practical Tips for Productive Living
May/June - 2018
Sign UP to receive articles. If you like what you see, subscribe!
2010 Jan/Feb issue
Tammy Erickson, Olympic Medalist
Hear publisher Joslyn Wolfe on
(click on 'Healthy living with Joslyn' in the Blog Talk Radio section)