"If only…" These two words paired together create one of the saddest phrases in the English language.
Here are five choices that ultimately lead to this phrase of regret, and how to elude them:
1. Wearing a mask to impress others. – If the face you always show the world is a mask, someday there will be nothing beneath it. Because when you spend too much time concentrating on everyone else’s perception of you, or who everyone else wants you to be, you eventually forget who you really are. So don’t fear the judgments of others; you know in your heart who you are and what’s true to you. You don’t have to be perfect to impress people. Let them be impressed by how you deal with your imperfections.
Check out this 1-day, "No Regrets" special HERE.
2. Keeping negative company. – Don’t let someone who has a bad attitude give it to you. Don’t let them get to you. They can’t pull the trigger if you don’t hand them the gun. When you remember that keeping the company of negative people is a choice, instead of an obligation, you free yourself to keep the company of compassion instead of anger, generosity instead of greed, and patience instead of anxiety. ( from the "Relationships" chapter of our book )
3. Settling for less than you deserve. – Be strong enough to let go and wise enough to fight for what you deserve. Sometimes you have to get knocked down lower than you have ever been to stand up taller than you ever were before. Sometimes your eyes need to be washed by your tears so you can see the possibilities in front of you with a clearer vision again. Don’t settle.
4. Endlessly waiting until tomorrow. – The trouble is, you always think you have more time than you do. But one day you will wake up and there won’t be any more time to work on the things you’ve always wanted to do. And at that point you either will have achieved the goals you set for yourself, or you will have a list of excuses for why you haven’t.
5. Being lazy and wishy-washy. – The world doesn’t owe you anything, you owe the world something. So stop daydreaming and start DOING. Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. Take full responsibility for your life – take control. You are important and you are needed. It’s too late to sit around and wait for somebody to do something someday. Someday is now; the somebody the world needs is YOU. ( from the "Goals and Success" chapter of our book )
Today is the first day of the rest of your life. At the end of it, let there be no excuses, no explanations, and no regrets. You can make adjustments starting NOW that will help you feel better, think more clearly, and live a life free of regrets. This is precisely why we wrote our book, ‘1,000 Little Things Happy, Successful People Do Differently.’ The book is filled with short, concise tips on how to do just that. It’s available as a paperback eBook, audio book, and paperback. And believe it or not, I’m currently in the process of re-visiting and re-reading some of our own material this month, just to center my mind on these positive principles and keep myself on the right track. If you’re interested in following along with me and making positive changes in your life this month, or if you simply want to read (or listen) our book at your leisure, I’m going to extend an unbeatable bonus offer to you for the next 24 hours (offer ends tomorrow at midnight PST)...
For over 70% off we’re bundling 7 products, including our Paperback book, all for just $37:
1. 1,000 Little Things Happy, Successful People Do Differently Paperback (418 page paperback book – regularly priced at $27 by itself)
2. 1,000 Little Things Audio Book (11 hour audio book – regularly priced at $27 by itself)
3. 1,000 Little Things eBook (395 page eBook – regularly priced at $27 by itself)
4. 99 Tiny Stories to Make You Think, Smile, and Cry (104 page eBook – regularly priced at $10 by itself)
5. 60 Tiny Love Stories to Make You Smile (67 page eBook – regularly priced at $10 by itself)
6. 365 Thought Provoking Questions to Ask Yourself This Year (370 page eBook/workbook – regularly priced at $15 by itself)
7. 30 Challenges for 30 Days of Growth (37 page eBook/workbook – regularly priced at $10 by itself)
(Note that this special bonus package is only being offered to email subscribers (YOU) and not being offered publicly on the book’s main website.)
Also, if you know anyone else who could benefit from this e-mail please forward it to them.
And of course, if there’s anything else Marc and I can do assist you, please don’t hesitate to email us or leave a comment on our blog.
Marc and Angel Hack Life
Practical Tips for Productive Living
SEPTEMBER/OCTOBER - 2018
How to Defend Against Emotional Vampires By Dr. Orloff
Julie Frederico on Domestic Violence
The Psychology of Willpower By Catarina Lino
The Thief That Steals Your Breath: Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis By Laura Hern
Journey Steel by Barb Smith
Click to Read: more >>
Sign UP to receive articles. If you like what you see, subscribe!
2010 Jan/Feb issue
Tammy Erickson, Olympic Medalist
Hear publisher Joslyn Wolfe on
(click on 'Healthy living with Joslyn' in the Blog Talk Radio section)